1. SERIOUS BUYERS/SELLERS: Generally, whether people are house hunting or staging during this time of year, they are serious and hoping to close before the New Year!
2. LOWER INVENTORY: If you’re selling, you may command a higher price as inventory over the holiday is typically lower.
3. LESS COMPETITION: On the reverse side, there may also be less people looking to buy during the holidays so competition may be a little less fierce if you’re on the house hunting side of things.
4. THAT COZY FEELING! If you’re staging your house to sell over the holidays, it’s a great time to stage the scene that will emotionally connect with those potential buyers who come to see your home.
5. BETTER LOAN SERVICE: The loan process may also be quicker. Since there are a reduced number of people shopping around during this time, less competition could mean more attention for you and better service.
6. JOB TRANSFERS: The Holidays are also a great time for buyers to think about job transfers! This time of year is generally when people may get notice that they are being transferred. They’re going to need to find a home and will be shopping around during the holiday season, which is one reason why your home could sell even more quickly over the holidays!
7. LOWER INTEREST RATES: Rates are still at near historic lows but are expected to rise next year. You could save hundreds on your mortgage payment by shopping sooner than later.
If you are thinking of buying or selling this holiday season, or after the first of the year, we would be delighted to help you along your journey and guarantee the highest quality service and experience in the industry! With M&D, you can trust that we will always #WorkHardForYou – Top Service, Top Exposure, Best Sales Price & Negotiation Skills and a friendly team always ready to assist with your every need or concern!
Curious about what your home is worth right now? With homes going 5 to 6 percent over asking price — and price appreciation as much as 30+ percent in some areas in just this past year alone, you are probably anxious and excited to find out!
We are happy to put together a comprehensive, accurate home valuation report for you. This is complimentary, COMPLETELY FREE, and ZERO obligation-based. So please let us know if we can help by providing you with this key piece of information today, or if we can answer any real estate questions or concerns you may have at this moment.
Leave your details, select your interest(s), and we’ll get you more information on how we can help.