1. Sail with Scott – Whether it’s date night, or a fun day out with the kids and you’re wanting a family-friendly outing, book a boat ride with “Sail with Scott” online. Price for adults is 25 per person, kids are $15. Seawolf is a “beautiful 40-foot-long by 25-foot-wide sailing catamaran” and goes from the Harbor between the shore and the lighthouse. Enjoy a relaxing trip with seating all over the deck, and also, open space at the bow perfect for pictures! And don’t worry, there are flushable toilets and a changing room, parents!
2. Jungletrek Rockwall –At Jungletrek, kids can enjoy ziplines, climbing walls, “wobbly bridges” and more! The center has Safari guides to help kids try new things and reach new levels and stay safe as they take a “trek through the jungle!”
Kayak Instruction, Inc. in Rowlett – Enjoy Kayaking on Lake Ray Hubbard! You can rent a kayak for one person or two people for a couple of hours or all day! Also check out their party and group rates. The Kayak center is located next to Paddle Point Park in Rowlett. For more information on renting kayaks, go to www.KayakInstruct.com. For their Summer 2021 flyer, click here.
4. Shenaniganz– At Shennaniganz, enjoy the bowling alley, arcade room, Axe Throwing or Escape Rooms! So much family fun packed into one center, this is a must-do for a night out with friends or if you have kiddos. BONUS recommendation, if you are really into arcade games, check out Retrocade in Rowlett!
5. Bass Pro Shops Rowlett – Right past the lake near Rowlett, enjoy one of the best Bass Pro Shops where you can get lost enjoying browsing all day! Check out hours and other information here.
6. Kid’s Kingdom Playground – One of the BEST parks in the area with tons to do, the kids can enjoy climbing, sliding, swinging, sand pit, zipline, merry-go-rounds and more! Get more information here.
7. Wet Zone Waterpark – Enjoy Rowlett’s Wet Zone Waterpark! You can enjoy Haley’s Rapid Ripple, Private Cabanas, Kiddie Playground, Lap Pool, Volleyball court and slides!
For daily admission information, click here.
8. Chisholm Trail Rides – The horses ride side by side in a natural group and can accommodate beginners, to experienced riders. Enjoy a warm up period to get comfortable for the first 30 minutes of the open trail! They have horses of all different levels and breeds, including Gaited horses and Arabians! Enjoy a semi-private ride or a private ride! Two hour Trails semi private are $90.00/per rider and private rides are $105.00/rider. Also take lessons! For $50, get a one hour lesson and for $200, you can get 5 lessons!
9. Popcorn Papa – Visit Popcorn Papa and have your pick of any color or flavor popcorn you can imagine! The company boasts only using the BEST of ingredients and they’re constantly popping so it’s always fresh! Only real cheeses are used and the caramel is made from scratch! The kids will love this one.
10. Harry Myers Park & Rockwall Splash Pads – Enjoy various playgrounds and spray parks throughout Rockwall to cool off during the summertime. Choose from Harry Myers, the Park at Foxchase or Hickory Ridge! To see more information, click here.
11. Downtown Rockwall Farmers Market – Enjoy some fresh produce and an array of vendors, live music and shopping at the Rockwall Farmers Market! The market happens on Saturdays from 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. from May 1 through Sept 25. The market is in the Historic Downtown Square at 101 Rusk Street. Walk around the old Courthouse near S. Goliad and Highway 66 where you can find vendors spaced out with their wares!
12. Disc Golf Course – Harry Myers Disc Golf Course 2.0 is consistently rated one of the best in Texas! The updated course boasts an increased challenge for pros, but also promises to improve “playability for amateurs and recreational players.”
13. Downtown Rockwall Concerts by the Lake – These occur from May 13 through July 29 from 7:30 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at the Harbor (2059 Summer Lee Drive). Enjoy the scenery, catch some tunes and hang out with the family – all for free!
14. Enjoy a Swim at the Community Pool – Check out Harry Myers pool or Gloria Williams to cool off this summer. Pool hours for Harry Myers Pool’s general swim are Monday through Friday, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturdays, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Kids 2-18 years old are $3 each, adults 18 and older are $5 each. Families get in for $8 max. At Gloria Williams, enjoy even better pricing, $2 per person and families for $3. There are also rental times available if you would like to have a party at the pool!
15. Blase Family Farms – This is a small urban farm that opened in 2011, where you and your family can pick-your-own blueberries in the summer and enjoy their Pumpkin Patch in the fall! Dates opened and hours are seasonal. Check here for more information.
Leave your details, select your interest(s), and we’ll get you more information on how we can help.