6. Repairs. If you want to sell fast and at the highest price, don’t give buyers the opportunity to nickel and dime you during the inspection phase and afterward. Get a pre-sale inspection, the advice of your realtor, and make any major or minor repairs prior to putting your home on the market to get the highest offers and highest final sales price. It will also make the process go quicker and smoother.
7. Cash can be king. Looking to sell fast? Great homes in this market can get cash offers, even over asking price, that can make your home sell even more quickly than when working with a buyer with a lender. Enlist your agent to assist you with this, and they’ll be able to help you sort through the best way to get the quickest, highest offer into your bank account immediately.
8. Well maintained homes sell for more. Going back to the cleaning and decluttering and repairs, this can’t be stressed enough. If you want to sell for more and sell fast, homes that appear pristine, in great repair and ready for move-in are going to sell the best and fastest. It removes any “buyer-beware” point from the minds of your potential buyers when they walk into a home that appears to be well maintained.
9. Cooperate. Want things to move quickly and smoothly? Don’t argue every single, minute point with the potential buyer. While ideally your home is in excellent shape and repair going into the process, you can afford to give a little in the name of not scaring off the buyer who could withdraw when no concessions are being made on behalf of the seller. So, cooperate a little.
10. Require a buyer to meet financing/eligibility. Prior to showing your home, make sure your agent knows you want serious buyers only, meaning that you will ask the agent to only show your home to people who can afford it. Make sure your agent looks closely at the Buyers offer and their ability to pay for the home. This will speed up the process, ensuring no time is wasted and that the right buyer is the one visiting your home today.
I hope you found some of these tips enlightening, and that they have aided you in your current or future to decision to buy, sale and how to go about enlisting the assistance or help of an agent. If we can answer any questions for you, your friends or family, or get you a complimentary home valuation, please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime!
Leave your details, select your interest(s), and we’ll get you more information on how we can help.